Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
KillTheCan.org | Blog | Twitter | Facebook | Store | LIVE CHAT
Welcome to KillTheCan.org Online Community. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Better Late Than Never Intro
Topic Started: Aug 23 2016, 06:15 PM (2,463 Views)
FLLipOut
Member Avatar
Lady Arsonist
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Since I'm a little late to the game, I'll keep things brief.

On July 22, 2016, I made one of the greatest decisions I've ever made which was to untether myself from a demon that has been trying to kill me since I was a kid.

My story is pretty similar to a lot of people here - so I won't bore with much detail: started young and stupid, spent 35 years of my life quitting, caving, lying, trying, failing, and generally feeling lousy about myself, my health, my future, and all the while paying out the proverbial butt for the pleasure of doing it all to myself. Where my story differs a little from many folks here is that my choice of delivery system was a stick - not a pinch. Same poison in my veins.

About 80 or so days ago I found out about this site from a good friend and I have been lurking its hallways ever since. There is simply not a site on the internet that dishes up the special sauce that makes this place work: accountability. Believe me, I've looked, only to come back to KTC with my nose pressed to the window.

After urging from said friend and after having one of those out-of-left-field-WTF-sheer-panic-attack-gut-punch craves that I'm sure many of you are all-too-familiar with - I did what I needed to do to save my quit and posted roll in October. Day 30. It was late but it felt good and I thank October so much for allowing me to be their smokin' token.

I'd be honored to exchange digits and help anyone anyway I can.

I also promise not to bump anyone off roll either - because I know how that upsets you guys. ;)

- FLLipOut.

"Just one and you will be back to where you started, and where you started was desperately wishing you were where you are now." - Anon.
"The best way out is always through." - Robert Frost // "Nicotine does not fill a void - it creates one!" - Allen Carr
"To use nicotine for pleasure is akin to wearing uncomfortable shoes for the pleasure of taking them off" - Someone

HOF: 10.29.16 | FL 2: 02.06.17 | FL 3: 05.17.17 | Y1 07.22.17 | FL 4: 08.25.17 | FL 5: 12.03.17 | FL 6: 03.13.18 | FL 7: 06.21.18
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

RDB
Member Avatar
Quit Ninja
[ *  *  * ]
You get a free pass on the bumps for about three or four days. Welcome.

pab1964
Member Avatar
Proud member of 2015 April Silverbacks!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hell I been here 605 days and still bump people! It's gonna happen just try to catch it and fix it. Welcome aboard. Posting support in other groups and on intros also helps strengthen your quit!
ROLL TIDE ROLL! God, Family and crappie fishing! I will always be an addict, but hopefully never a slave again!

backwoods901
Member Avatar
EDD
[ *  *  *  * ]
FLLipOut
Aug 23 2016, 06:15 PM

On July 22, 2016, I made one of the greatest decisions I've ever made which was to untether myself from a demon that has been trying to kill me since I was a kid.

My story is pretty similar to a lot of people here - so I won't bore with much detail: started young and stupid, spent 35 years of my life quitting, caving, lying, trying, failing, and generally feeling lousy about myself, my health, my future, and all the while paying out the proverbial butt for the pleasure of doing it all to myself. Where my story differs a little from many folks here is that my choice of delivery system was a stick - not a pinch. Same poison in my veins.

About 80 or so days ago I found out about this site from a good friend and I have been lurking its hallways ever since. There is simply not a site on the internet that dishes up the special sauce that makes this place work: accountability. Believe me, I've looked, only to come back to KTC with my nose pressed to the window.

After urging from said friend and after having one of those out-of-left-field-WTF-sheer-panic-attack-gut-punch craves that I'm sure many of you are all-too-familiar with - I did what I needed to do to save my quit and posted roll in October. Day 30. It was late but it felt good and I thank October so much for allowing me to be their smokin' token.

I also promise not to bump anyone off roll either - because I know how that upsets you guys. ;)

- FLLipOut.

Welcome man stick with it and post roll everyday and we will be here always to help. If ya want digits hit me up I'm always glad to share them and help.
“People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Neither does bathing. That’s why we recommend it daily.” – Zig Ziglar
HOF 04/15/2016
Second floor 07/25/2016
Third floor 11/01/2016
One year 01/07/2017
Fourth floor 02/09/2017
Fifth floor 05/20/2017
sixth floor 08/28/2017
seventh floor 12/06/2017

ChickDip
Member Avatar
a.k.a. lilbopeep ... July 15 Jackals
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
backwoods901
Aug 23 2016, 07:20 PM
FLLipOut
Aug 23 2016, 06:15 PM

- FLLipOut.

Welcome man stick with it and post roll everyday and we will be here always to help. If ya want digits hit me up I'm always glad to share them and help.
Glad you are here FLLIP.
Stay strong, I'm with you all the way.

You are a bumper that is for sure, but the only way to screw up roll is to NOT BE ON IT!
"The load doesn't weigh me down at all... he ain't heavy, he's my brother"

"Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think."

"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack ----------- "I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP

dundippin
Member Avatar
Dundippin
[ *  *  * ]
Hey FLLipOUT,

I am glad to see that I am not the only person that has problems with the roll call. I generally look at the roll, see who else is on by looking at the bottom left side of the screen. If it is a bunch of folks I come back later. But invariably I step on folks.

I quit for 15 days before posting roll call because I had such a hard time trying to figure out how to post. And I was the VP of a large Systems Group.

I am 60, on day 346 and I still get craves that I have to fight through.

How do I do it? I keep my mind focused on everything but the crave. Get plenty of exercise and drink plenty of fluids.

I quit with you today.

My intro: http://forum.killthecan.org/topic/11377800/1/

My HOF speech: http://forum.killthecan.org/topic/11458932/1/#new

1st Floor: Wednesday, December 23, 2016
2nd Floor: Friday, April 1, 2016
3rd Floor: Sunday, July 10, 2016
Year 1 - Wednesday, September 14, 2016
4th Floor: Tuesday, October 18, 2016
5th Floor: Thursday, January 26, 2017
6th Floor: Saturday, May 6, 2017
7th Floor: Monday, August 14, 2017
Year 2 - Thursday, September 14, 2017
8th Floor: Wednesday, November 22, 2017
9th Floor: Friday, March 2, 2018
Future 10th Floor: Friday, June 22, 2018
Future Year 3 - Friday, September 14, 2018

CavMan83
Member Avatar
Just another quitter....
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
pab1964
Aug 23 2016, 07:10 PM
Hell I been here 605 days and still bump people! It's gonna happen just try to catch it and fix it. Welcome aboard. Posting support in other groups and on intros also helps strengthen your quit!
Don't let him bullshit you, FLLipOut.... Pab bumps folks on purpose!!

Seriously though, Glad you are here. You have landed in THE spot to be if you want accountability to help you beat that addiction into submission. This place works, because the folks here have tread the same path you're walking now. We are ALL addicts, and we all know how friggin insidious that weed can be. Quit with you every day of the week and twice on Sundays!!
Who are the Addicts?

CavMan83
Member Avatar
Just another quitter....
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
dundippin
Aug 25 2016, 09:06 AM
Hey FLLipOUT,

I am glad to see that I am not the only person that has problems with the roll call. I generally look at the roll, see who else is on by looking at the bottom left side of the screen. If it is a bunch of folks I come back later. But invariably I step on folks.

I quit for 15 days before posting roll call because I had such a hard time trying to figure out how to post. And I was the VP of a large Systems Group.

I am 60, on day 346 and I still get craves that I have to fight through.

How do I do it? I keep my mind focused on everything but the crave. Get plenty of exercise and drink plenty of fluids.

I quit with you today.

Speaking of fluids, did you check out the brother's avatar? Now I can get used to plenty of THEM fluids!!
Who are the Addicts?

ChickDip
Member Avatar
a.k.a. lilbopeep ... July 15 Jackals
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Happy HOF day!
Great job sticking with it.
Proud to quit with you today!
"The load doesn't weigh me down at all... he ain't heavy, he's my brother"

"Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think."

"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack ----------- "I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP

worktowin
Member Avatar
I’m not a tow truck driver
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
ChickDip
Oct 29 2016, 01:17 PM
Happy HOF day!
You, sir, are a legend in the making. You are a great example of brotherhood and accountability. I hope you feel 10' tall today - you've earned it! Enjoy - but trust that although some bumps may be ahead, there is a lot of greatness ahead too.

You are a leader and a winner!
Quit Date 12/24/2012
HOF 4/2/2013
Comma 9/19/2015

pab1964
Member Avatar
Proud member of 2015 April Silverbacks!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
worktowin
Oct 29 2016, 02:08 PM
ChickDip
Happy HOF day!
You, sir, are a legend in the making. You are a great example of brotherhood and accountability. I hope you feel 10' tall today - you've earned it! Enjoy - but trust that although some bumps may be ahead, there is a lot of greatness ahead too.

Great job! Keep it coming my brother! Doing great. Quit on!
ROLL TIDE ROLL! God, Family and crappie fishing! I will always be an addict, but hopefully never a slave again!

tjschu
Member Avatar
Quit Master
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
pab1964
Oct 29 2016, 02:46 PM
worktowin
Oct 29 2016, 02:08 PM
ChickDip
Happy HOF day!

Great job! Keep it coming my brother! Doing great. Quit on!
Congrats on HOF! You are a BAQ keep on winning!!ODAAT!

eyehatecope
Member Avatar
Quit Ninja
[ *  *  * ]
Heck yes! HOF and beyond. Great job!
Jenny and Tom Kern

RIP My Brother!

backwoods901
Member Avatar
EDD
[ *  *  *  * ]
I am proud to be quit with you congrats on the first milestone.
“People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Neither does bathing. That’s why we recommend it daily.” – Zig Ziglar
HOF 04/15/2016
Second floor 07/25/2016
Third floor 11/01/2016
One year 01/07/2017
Fourth floor 02/09/2017
Fifth floor 05/20/2017
sixth floor 08/28/2017
seventh floor 12/06/2017

CavMan83
Member Avatar
Just another quitter....
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Awesome Job Ms. FLLip(pin')Out(rageous)!!

Proud of you marking that first major milestone. One of many I know will follow. And for the way you're paying it forward to others as well! Good on ya!!
Who are the Addicts?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Introductions · Next Topic »
Add Reply