Warning: filesize(): stat failed for /home/content/56/9895456/html/simple/cache/data_6ae89974bf03dad52ab53337c7069a05-SMF-modSettings.php in /home/content/56/9895456/html/simple/Sources/Load.php on line 2772
Hutch18 intro again - 34 years and quit

Author Topic: Hutch18 intro again - 34 years and quit  (Read 273 times)

Offline Keith0617

• Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 14
Re: Hutch18 intro again - 34 years and quit
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2018, 11:19:54 AM »
Hutch18 - Congrats brother and mad props to you. Seeing brothers with more days under their belt is a great motivator. I quit with you today.

Day 100 - not ready to write the HOF yet, but i am ready to quit again today! Day 100 hard to believe. If you would have told me 101 days ago i would make it i would have said no way. Why? Because 101 days ago I could quit whenever I wanted to. 101 days ago I choose death in a can. 101 days ago I didn't need anything from anyone. 101 Days ago I knew nothing about this site. 101 days ago i never met a guy with a Dinosaur nickname, who i met in person and actually enjoyed his company. 101 days ago, I didn't know about posting roll or the fact that thousands of men and women ninja dipped like me. But most importantly 101 days ago I didn't know i would have strangers care enough about my quit, to call, text, post, comment, encourage and threaten me if I caved. 101 days is nothing in terms of eternity, but it's significant to me, because I quit 1 day at a time (ODAAT) if just happens to total 100!

Keep Quit!

Offline Hutch18

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2018, 08:39:02 PM »
Day 100 - not ready to write the HOF yet, but i am ready to quit again today! Day 100 hard to believe. If you would have told me 101 days ago i would make it i would have said no way. Why? Because 101 days ago I could quit whenever I wanted to. 101 days ago I choose death in a can. 101 days ago I didn't need anything from anyone. 101 Days ago I knew nothing about this site. 101 days ago i never met a guy with a Dinosaur nickname, who i met in person and actually enjoyed his company. 101 days ago, I didn't know about posting roll or the fact that thousands of men and women ninja dipped like me. But most importantly 101 days ago I didn't know i would have strangers care enough about my quit, to call, text, post, comment, encourage and threaten me if I caved. 101 days is nothing in terms of eternity, but it's significant to me, because I quit 1 day at a time (ODAAT) if just happens to total 100!

Keep Quit!
Addicts don't quit for a lifetime, they quit 1 day at a time.

Offline Smithcj

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 56
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2018, 06:47:33 AM »
Please tell me more about this sucking balls  ::)   just Kidding. Yeah the smell of wintergreen is a trigger for me too. Heck there isn't much that isn't or wasn't a trigger. Anything I haven't done in 208 days is a trigger because I guarantee you there isn't an area of my life that I didn't use nicotine while doing and that sometimes included sleeping. Keep hanging tough ODAAT

Offline Hutch18

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2018, 08:09:59 AM »
Day 91 - cravings not around. But the smell of Wintergreen is a trigger I discovered, but it only last a few seconds, thankfully. I am feeling slightly better, but this Vitamin B deficency, paired with the normal quit tingling and jaw line tingling sucks balls. Not that I know what it's like to suck balls, but that would suck. The numbness in my hand and feet and legs are driving me insane some days. But I am still quit.

Keep Quit and Keep posting roll, it matters!

Offline Mike1966

• Hall of Fame Conductor (Retired)
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: 4/18/2016
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2018, 09:43:11 AM »
I'd been hooked on the stuff for about the same amount of time when I found this place. If  you knew me well enough to know I dipped you knew I was always trying to quit, unsuccessfully. A few years ago I even decided to quit trying to quit. Obviously I couldn't do it, I thought. After years of trying I found this place and thought what the hell, I don't see how it can help but what I'd been doing wasn't working so what did I have to lose. And to my surprise here I am....902 days Quit! Embrace this site and it's principles and it works. Post everyday, and get to know your fellow quitters. And before you know it, life without the weed will finally feel like the norm.

Just one and you will be back where you started.
And where you started was desperately wishing
you were where you are right now.

Offline pab1964

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2018, 09:19:10 PM »
That Nic Bitch is all over me again tonight too. Playing golf in the morning and guess what i found in my golf shoes. Yup a empty can of Skoal Longcut Wintergreen. I thought DAMN i hid this crap everywhere, I am the KING of Ninja dipping! My next thought was to take a picture and send it to a few fellow quitters. So here I am a grown ass man, sending a picture of an empty can of Skoal to DQ, Broccoli-sauras and Capital70 so they can help keep me accountable. Then not 2 minutes later Broccoli calls me and talks me out of what my brain was trying to get me to do. Then DQ and CAP text me back and tell me to flush it and throw it away. I did just that and DQ encouraged me to post this episode on my intro. He also makes a valid point and reconfirms how valuable this site is. 85 days ago i would have caved, no doubt about it. But this site and the fellow brothers i have met or made a connection with makes a huge difference. I know someone has my back. I know someone has been through what I am going through. I also Broccoli said he would kick my ass if I caved and I believe him.

So stop telling yourself you can do this alone, because you can't! Join the damn site, get plugged in and help yourself, hell your quit might just help someone else too.

Cheers! Hutch18 an addict for life, but I quit again today!

I remember for maybe almost 6 months or so how would find them occasionally. In my winter coat, in a random bag, etc.  It really does kinda hit hard when you encounter it. I'm glad you were able to fight it off and not allow a moment of weakness ruin something great in your life. Keep strong brother. We're all struggling and we're all in it one day at a time!

Nice victory my friend! Very nice! So what would have happened without KTC. Same thing thatís happened to us all numerous times, finger banging the bitch and promising yourself this is my last can some 2 years later. Odaat! Quit on! Loving the quit life

Offline Landdon

• Hall of Fame Conductor (Retired)
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2018, 08:00:13 AM »
That Nic Bitch is all over me again tonight too. Playing golf in the morning and guess what i found in my golf shoes. Yup a empty can of Skoal Longcut Wintergreen. I thought DAMN i hid this crap everywhere, I am the KING of Ninja dipping! My next thought was to take a picture and send it to a few fellow quitters. So here I am a grown ass man, sending a picture of an empty can of Skoal to DQ, Broccoli-sauras and Capital70 so they can help keep me accountable. Then not 2 minutes later Broccoli calls me and talks me out of what my brain was trying to get me to do. Then DQ and CAP text me back and tell me to flush it and throw it away. I did just that and DQ encouraged me to post this episode on my intro. He also makes a valid point and reconfirms how valuable this site is. 85 days ago i would have caved, no doubt about it. But this site and the fellow brothers i have met or made a connection with makes a huge difference. I know someone has my back. I know someone has been through what I am going through. I also Broccoli said he would kick my ass if I caved and I believe him.

So stop telling yourself you can do this alone, because you can't! Join the damn site, get plugged in and help yourself, hell your quit might just help someone else too.

I remember for maybe almost 6 months or so how would find them occasionally. In my winter coat, in a random bag, etc.  It really does kinda hit hard when you encounter it. I'm glad you were able to fight it off and not allow a moment of weakness ruin something great in your life. Keep strong brother. We're all struggling and we're all in it one day at a time! 

Offline Capital70

• Quitter
  • ODDAAT And Lovin It!
  • Quit Date: May 27, 2018
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2018, 11:29:35 AM »
My heart skipped a beat when I opened that picture!  I see that shit every time I go into a gas station, but to see it in a text from you was almost too much!  You are a strong ass quitter!  Keep it up!
Capital70
Quit Date May 27th, 2018
HOF September 3rd, 2018
Intro/Quit Journey
HOF Speech- I Get To
"The more I sacrifice, the harder it is to surrender"
"F#*k man, just post roll and keep your promise" -batdad
Quitters I've Met- 69Franx, Wiesman71, McDave, Jeidi1991
Bad asses quit....everyone else stays addicted

Offline Hutch18

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2018, 09:54:16 PM »

Offline Aumegrad

• Quitter
    • INTRO
  • Quit Date: 7/23/18
  • Likes Given: 8
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2018, 04:11:39 PM »
That Nic bitch is tricky. Day 84 and cleaning up the garage and what do I find? A bag of disposed of cans of Skoal Longcut Wintergreen, probably 12 of them. Just waiting to tempt me. I'll be honest it didn't smell horrible, but I didn't open any of them either cause i knew as an addict I would have probably wanted to "sneak" one in just to see what happened. Hey Nic Bitch,  'Butt' kiss it. I know you're there, but not this time. Those can's went promptly into the trash.

Ohhhh my previous poison of choice as well.  I'd be happy to send you 12 shotgun shells if needed ... sometimes nic just needs to be taught a firm lesson :)

Stay strong Hutch, HOF is around the corner!  I proudly quit with you today.
Who is Aumegrad 🤔 ... INTRO

Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win. (1 Corinthians 9:24)

Offline Hutch18

• Quitter
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2018, 03:03:06 PM »
That Nic bitch is tricky. Day 84 and cleaning up the garage and what do I find? A bag of disposed of cans of Skoal Longcut Wintergreen, probably 12 of them. Just waiting to tempt me. I'll be honest it didn't smell horrible, but I didn't open any of them either cause i knew as an addict I would have probably wanted to "sneak" one in just to see what happened. Hey Nic Bitch,  'Butt' kiss it. I know you're there, but not this time. Those can's went promptly into the trash.

Offline Hutch18

• Quitter
Hutch18 intro again - 34 years and quit
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2018, 01:24:23 PM »
Hutch18 - day 83 Not sure if my first intro came over to this site, but I have been looking and cannot find it. So I will start again.

This introduction is not about you or your quit, it's not even about my quit. It's about quitting and the importance of diving head first into this quit 83 days ago. I was like many of you and searching for a way to quit. Found this site and dam glad I did. When i was looking 83 days ago, I wanted an easy way, but not the easiest way (death). I wanted a pill or a patch or something to help me quit. I tried in 34 years to quit multiple times. Told my wife of 21 years I quit. Told my 3 boys I quit. Did I? Hell no, I was am an addict, i just tried to hide it. I thought i was the best Ninja dipper ever.

July 10th found this site or it found me. Joined some chat, while i was sitting there reading others posts with my nicotine gum in my lip. Guy name Capital70 said hello asked about my quit. I mentioned the gum and he said "you ain't quit, your just changing the delivery system". I was like BS, I am quit. Hell my company gave me this gum and told me this would help. (help me stay addicted). Then Cap or another person said "stop being a pussy and quit cold turkey". I was honestly afraid to stop cold turkey, maybe not a pussy but still afraid. Either way what they said resonated with me and I quit cold turkey.

Today: past 83 days have sucked, but I am still quit. I have some medical BS going on that the dip hid or masked, but it's worth it. I put this crap in my system for 34 years, ain't just going to go away in a few months. I look forward to 100 day quit, but that's just the beginning. I am an addict so DAILY I must quit.

Cheers to your quit, proud to be quit with you.