Author Topic: Day 7 and Zezima's Introduction  (Read 219 times)

Offline Zezima

• "Fat fuckin' lips are for fat fuckin' idiots"
    • My Intro
  • Quit Date: 9/21/2018
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Day 7 and Zezima's Introduction
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2018, 02:44:36 AM »
Ha I know brother, waited until I was more comfortable to drink again! Beers aren't gonna take away my ODAAT! That's why I wanted to share so if a lurker sees it and wants to quit they take that first step and post their Day 1.  Because this place creates an environment where quitting is more important than impulses while drinking.

Offline ZillahCowboy

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2018, 10:07:43 PM »
Careful buddy.  Alcohol is the nic bitch's evil twin and is responsible for many a cave. 

Offline Zezima

• My Intro
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2018, 12:16:32 AM »
Posts go in reverse chronological order (back in time)
top to bottom

-----------5 OCT 2018----------
-----------   Day 14   -------------

Avoided alcohol and all that stuff first couple weeks because it degrades your thinking and makes you more receptive to mind tricks and more likely to relapse into dipping. Went out with a couple of buddies i met at work tonight, had a beer or two...lol ok I had 7 beers...but the best part is i don't even feel the urge or want to dip. I'm drunk right now, but I don't even want a dip at all. Like it's the last thing from my mind. Posting here so others can see this. This stuff works guys. You make a promise to the community around you and that's it. No dip. even if you're a lightweight like me, you don't want to put that shit in your mouth because men don't break promises. Simple as that. You don't even think about it, all you care about is posting role the next day.

This community works if you give it a fair and honest try. If you're reading this and thinking about quitting...just go do it right now. Throw out your can. Post yourn Day 1.

-----------2 OCT 2018----------
-----------   Day 11   -------------

Going to start logging so I can look back on my journey someday and struggles I've overcome incase I need the reminders not to cave. So far the quit has been going well. Lots of people supporting me and texting their promises to me everyday (i text back). This has helped me build a sense of community and accountability. It makes quitting easier when you promise 10+ people every morning that you wont use nicotine. Cravings are happening noticeably less throuought the day, and I think about dip less often and at greater intervals as time goes on. The only effects of quitting that are bothering me is the trouble sleeping - which I've read as a common occurance for many people. It's not bad, I'll wake up around 1-2am every night for no reason and have to fall back asleep. It hasnt been detrimental or anything, just annoying. I look forward to sleeping again throughout the whole night without waking up. Hopefully someday soon. I work out at the gym at night...before I go to bed...to exhaust myself...but it hasnt helped so far. Just need to wait it out and let my body get adjusted to no "one more dip before I go to bed"

-----------28 SEP 2018----------
--------------   Day 7   -------------

I am Zezima and I am a nicotine addict.

I made the decision to quit 7 days ago....2 days ago I found KTC, spent a long long time reading everything, and decided to go all in and drink the koolaide, so here we are, posting that intro.

I'm 26, I started dipping 8 years ago. I've been at 1-1.5 cans/day for the last 2 years. Grizzly Wintergreen Longcut (because dipping pouches was like drinking beer through a straw).

I picked up the habit addiction in the military. Marine Corps culture you have a good 60-70% of people dipping. Not smoking, not vaping, but dipping. It's quite easy to get hooked on the stuff when everyone around you does it, and the nature of the job compliments it. Haven't eaten in 2 days? Chew can help alleviate the hunger. Haven't slept in over 72 hours? Chew takes away the tired. Stressed out? Long day? Well Dr. Grizzly has a prescription for that. You get the idea. Dipping was extremely common and easy to get into, so I did...at 18.

At 23 I left active duty, and swore that that would be the end of that. No more Marine Corps 24/7 means no more dip, it would be easy to quit when nobody else around me did it - but I never did. I kept dipping, kept being a slave to that can for the following 3 years leading to me today at 26. Sitting in my office in a suit and tie job, the only person in a 400 person company who dips at work. Like what's wrong with me. Sometimes I would close my office door just to get that dip in, in peace without someone walking in to try talk to me or ask what I'm doing.

I've made it 7 days so far, got past the fog, it didn't last long (extremely thankful for this) - got past the physical addiction, now it's all mental. Everything is a trigger and a reminder. Driving in my truck = craving. I don't act on it obviously, but it's annoying how many little things trigger me. Walking the dog, craving. Playing video games - craving. I know it gets better with time and things that used to trigger you don't so much anymore because your brain disassociates the activity with chew, so I'm just going to take it 1 day at a time and mentally unlinking chew and triggering activities in my head slowly but surely.

The hardest part of quitting is after I left active duty 3 years ago I no longer live close to my friends and everything. I'm in a place where I have my girlfriend, my dog, and myself, haven't made too many bro friends past few years. I need to go out and force myself to make more friends because dip would often be what I used to cope with the loneliness of not having buddies to hang out with every day. So that's what appealed to me about this website - the community and relationships people were building for mutual support. Once I force myself to get up off my ass and go make friends where I live now, I'll get rid of the loneliness factor and it'll be one less thing pulling me to chew.

As far as biggest challenge to me - I still serve as a reservist, which means once a month I go to drill (Marine Corps training) where everyone dips. Every time I've quit in the past, going to drill was always my caving point. I've never once made it through a drill weekend in 3 years without dipping. But guess what - fuck the past, I quit and I won't go back. My next drill weekend will be in a few weeks...I'm on day 7 today...when (not 'if', but WHEN) I make it through days 37 and 38 without caving, that means I made it through a drill weekend without taking a dip for the first time in my life...and I'll never go back again. I have 30 days to mentally prepare, and I WILL overcome this obstacle on the road to health. Drill is my biggest weakness and my biggest trigger in quitting this filthy addiction. I can do this. I have to do this.

Happy to be here. I'm not letting a fuckin plant, of all things, take my life.

....and yes I chose "Zezima" as a username because I like Runescape. I'm a nerd at heart lol.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 08:48:59 AM by Zezima »

Offline Hutch18

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2018, 07:54:34 PM »
Nice man. It takes BIG BALLS to quit nicotine, anyone who says different isn't an addict and has no clue what they are talking about.

I am proud to quit with you. Keep it up!
Addicts don't quit for a lifetime, they quit 1 day at a time.

Offline chris2alaska

• Quitter
  • I Love the Smell of Quit in the Morning
  • Quit Date: January 18, 2018 - Proud Member of the April 2018 HOF Group
  • Likes Given: 34
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2018, 04:58:30 PM »
Hey Zezima,

Thank you for sharing your story.  You have the base for a strong quit going on and I have the utmost confidence that you will prevail during drill weekend.  Are you allowed to keep your phone with you during drill?  If. so, then you can call a buddy whenever someone offers you a dip.  My advise, take it or leave it, tell your entire squad you are quit and to please not offer it it to you.

For your sleeping challenge, try drinking some cranberry juice just before bed, like 1/2 a cup.  It will help keep the receptors that want nicotine calm and might let you sleep through the night.

You are doing awesome, keep it up.  Check your inbox for my digits.  You can call me when you're at drill.  I will NOT give you permission to dip.

Proud to quit with you today, chris2alaska 259
So long as there is breath in me, that long I will persist. For now I know one of the greatest principles on success; if I persist long enough I will win.?
~ Og Mandino ~

Do not be complacent about your achievements and not to strive for continual improvement when you get to the top. As soon as you let success go to your head, you sink into following familiar patterns and play it safe. In other words, you risk losing your edge.?
― Roy T. Bennett

Do not let the actions of others determine the direction of YOUR quit.
Christopher Russell

My Intro minus everyone else's comments or responses

My HOF Speech

Offline Zezima

• My Intro
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2018, 09:15:07 AM »
Posts go in reverse chronological order (back in time)
top to bottom

-----------2 OCT 2018----------
-----------   Day 11   -------------

Going to start logging so I can look back on my journey someday and struggles I've overcome incase I need the reminders not to cave. So far the quit has been going well. Lots of people supporting me and texting their promises to me everyday (i text back). This has helped me build a sense of community and accountability. It makes quitting easier when you promise 10+ people every morning that you wont use nicotine. Cravings are happening noticeably less throuought the day, and I think about dip less often and at greater intervals as time goes on. The only effects of quitting that are bothering me is the trouble sleeping - which I've read as a common occurance for many people. It's not bad, I'll wake up around 1-2am every night for no reason and have to fall back asleep. It hasnt been detrimental or anything, just annoying. I look forward to sleeping again throughout the whole night without waking up. Hopefully someday soon. I work out at the gym at night...before I go to bed...to exhaust myself...but it hasnt helped so far. Just need to wait it out and let my body get adjusted to no "one more dip before I go to bed"

I made the decision to quit 7 days ago....2 days ago I found KTC, spent a long long time reading everything, and decided to go all in and drink the koolaide, so here we are, posting that intro.

I'm 26, I started dipping 8 years ago. I've been at 1-1.5 cans/day for the last 2 years. Grizzly Wintergreen Longcut (because dipping pouches was like drinking beer through a straw).

I picked up the habit addiction in the military. Marine Corps culture you have a good 60-70% of people dipping. Not smoking, not vaping, but dipping. It's quite easy to get hooked on the stuff when everyone around you does it, and the nature of the job compliments it. Haven't eaten in 2 days? Chew can help alleviate the hunger. Haven't slept in over 72 hours? Chew takes away the tired. Stressed out? Long day? Well Dr. Grizzly has a prescription for that. You get the idea. Dipping was extremely common and easy to get into, so I did...at 18.

At 23 I left active duty, and swore that that would be the end of that. No more Marine Corps 24/7 means no more dip, it would be easy to quit when nobody else around me did it - but I never did. I kept dipping, kept being a slave to that can for the following 3 years leading to me today at 26. Sitting in my office in a suit and tie job, the only person in a 400 person company who dips at work. Like what's wrong with me. Sometimes I would close my office door just to get that dip in, in peace without someone walking in to try talk to me or ask what I'm doing.

I've made it 7 days so far, got past the fog, it didn't last long (extremely thankful for this) - got past the physical addiction, now it's all mental. Everything is a trigger and a reminder. Driving in my truck = craving. I don't act on it obviously, but it's annoying how many little things trigger me. Walking the dog, craving. Playing video games - craving. I know it gets better with time and things that used to trigger you don't so much anymore because your brain disassociates the activity with chew, so I'm just going to take it 1 day at a time and mentally unlinking chew and triggering activities in my head slowly but surely.

The hardest part of quitting is after I left active duty 3 years ago I no longer live close to my friends and everything. I'm in a place where I have my girlfriend, my dog, and myself, haven't made too many bro friends past few years. I need to go out and force myself to make more friends because dip would often be what I used to cope with the loneliness of not having buddies to hang out with every day. So that's what appealed to me about this website - the community and relationships people were building for mutual support. Once I force myself to get up off my ass and go make friends where I live now, I'll get rid of the loneliness factor and it'll be one less thing pulling me to chew.

As far as biggest challenge to me - I still serve as a reservist, which means once a month I go to drill (Marine Corps training) where everyone dips. Every time I've quit in the past, going to drill was always my caving point. I've never once made it through a drill weekend in 3 years without dipping. But guess what - fuck the past, I quit and I won't go back. My next drill weekend will be in a few weeks...I'm on day 7 today...when (not 'if', but WHEN) I make it through days 37 and 38 without caving, that means I made it through a drill weekend without taking a dip for the first time in my life...and I'll never go back again. I have 30 days to mentally prepare, and I WILL overcome this obstacle on the road to health. Drill is my biggest weakness and my biggest trigger in quitting this filthy addiction. I can do this. I have to do this.

....and yes I chose "Zezima" as a username because I like Runescape. I'm a nerd at heart lol.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 09:25:05 AM by Zezima »

Offline ZillahCowboy

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2018, 11:34:35 PM »
Strong quit goin' on here Zezima.  Keep up the good work! 
ZillahCowboy 1739

Offline Zezima

• My Intro
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2018, 12:22:33 PM »
Thank's man! Identifying the main triggers ahead of time so I don't act on them is important. Like you said in your intro posts, as long as you don't buy a can of dip and put it in your mouth, you won't cave! Guys like you are an inspiration and so helpful to have to reach out to in-case I need it, thank you

Offline Capital70

• Quitter
  • ODDAAT And Lovin It!
  • Quit Date: May 27, 2018
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2018, 11:19:18 AM »
Good stuff bro!  You have identified drill weekend as a big trigger so be ready!  You can do it!  A lot of the other triggers will start to fall away also.  If you dig in and focus you can still play video games (I play PS4), walk the dog (I have 3), etc.  Get mad at nicotine and when you get stronger DONT let it tell you what you can and cannot do!  Thanks for sharing your digits and stay in touch!!!
Capital70
Quit Date May 27th, 2018
HOF September 3rd, 2018
Intro/Quit Journey
HOF Speech- I Get To
"The more I sacrifice, the harder it is to surrender"
"F#*k man, just post roll and keep your promise" -batdad
Quitters I've Met- 69Franx, Wiesman71, McDave, Jeidi1991
Bad asses quit....everyone else stays addicted

Offline Zezima

• My Intro
Day 7 and Zezima's Introduction
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2018, 09:04:33 AM »

« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 09:23:57 AM by Zezima »