Author Topic: My intro  (Read 65 times)

Offline davidharleyson10

• Quitter
  • Fucks Given:0
  • Quit Date: 8/27/2018
  • Likes Given: 11
Re: My intro
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2018, 08:52:56 AM »
Day 23 now and the craves come and go, i have days my wife don't want to be around me but she hangs in there just as i do, this migration has been difficult but is finally looking up i will always miss our forum the way it was when i started, but change is always good stay vigilant stay quit. "When the pain of remaining the same gets greater than the fear of change we have two choices.
 Day 39 now so much better now its the fog that comes and goes feels odd but im so glad i quit ....
Commit to the quit!! Commitment is following through with a decision long after the feeling in which you made the decision  is gone!! ..."WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK" - Srains918...

Offline davidharleyson10

• Quitter
Re: My intro
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2018, 12:48:41 PM »
Day 23 now and the craves come and go, i have days my wife don't want to be around me but she hangs in there just as i do, this migration has been difficult but is finally looking up i will always miss our forum the way it was when i started, but change is always good stay vigilant stay quit. "When the pain of remaining the same gets greater than the fear of change we have two choices.
Commit to the quit!! Commitment is following through with a decision long after the feeling in which you made the decision  is gone!! ..."WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK" - Srains918...

Offline davidharleyson10

• Quitter
My intro
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 10:57:30 AM »

My name is David age 49 started dipping at 7 years of age never missed a day of dipping for 42 years but the dip had gotten where i would get sick if i took it first thing in the morning like i always had in the past, my mouth always hurt toward the end and i was very afraid i had cancer, still have not been to doctor yet but i will.
The first 7 days was really bad couldn't think straight could not even get my words out right felt like i had been drugged, oh i never want to repeat that again i carried gum , toothpicks, tums , snacks and grinds with me everywhere i called it my quit pack day 8 and 9 was getting a little better but still foggy, 10 and 11 hasn't been bad just some weird dreams and cravings don't last long but i still have them. The best thing i did is get several digits that has helped a lot. My Harley still rides without the dip lol.
Commit to the quit commitment is following through with a decision long after the feeling in which you made the decision is gone!!
http://forum.killthecan.org/topic/30686051/
Capital70
Quitter
Unread post  06 Sep 2018, 09:09 #2
One day at a time! Keep coming here and journaling! It helps a lot of people!!!
Capital70
Quit Date- May 27th, 2018
HOF- September 3rd, 2018
My Intro/Journey
My HOF Speech- I Get To

?The more I sacrifice, the harder it is to surrender?
"F@$k man, just post roll and keep your promise" -Batdad
QUITTERS I'VE MET- 69Franx
Bad asses quit....everyone else stays addicted

Like  Share
srains918
Quit Wizard
Unread post  06 Sep 2018, 12:05 #3
Proud to be quit with you brother!

Keep doing what you're doing. WUPP and become a leader in your group, and I know for a FACT that you'll be successful (you're off to a great start)!!!
If you want to be quit you need the help of others. To stay quit you need to help others quit. - walterwhite

Holy shit, I made a crappy HOF Speech!

Phoenix Area Meat-up October 13th!!! Who's in???
Like  Share
Hutch18
Quitter
Unread post  06 Sep 2018, 18:30 #4
Stay quit, i will quit with you today and everyday.
Don't lose sight of the enemy - Nicotine!

The One who Rules forever is a friend of mine!
Like  Share
FISHFLORIDA
Quit Wizard
Unread post  06 Sep 2018, 22:11 #5
Hi David, I'm DAVID as well. I'm 48. I dipped for 32 years. I've been clean for 835 days.
Dig in deep, get digits, drink the coolaid. This will not be easy, but we have been where you are now and can get you through this. Post roll first thing every morning.
"However, HERE you need to stop fucking chewing tobacco! I don't care if you shove a McRib Sandwich stuffed with broken glass and a recycled Justin Beiber CD in your face, just don't use tobacco or any other nicotine product!" PKY1520

"Plus, the shortbus name is not something that was produced by Aug '17, but by Fishflorida (a well-established face of bigotry on this site).." : LMM   
My Intro
My HOF speech 8/31/16

Floor 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 9
Like  Share
TennesseeXDipper
Unread post  07 Sep 2018, 16:05 #6
Outstanding! I hear you on the effects of the quit. I quit on my wifes birthday and the SHTF all day, the week after; ugh. Got off drinking for the first month to keep from trading crutches. Welcome to your new life.

R
My problem was quitting, now I'm quitting my problem!

Overheard at my high school reunion..."And the people in the National Honor Society? The name tags? They have special blue starts on them like it fucking matters now that they were in the honor club ten years ago!"

No one gives a shit what you did yesterday! It's what you're doing right now that counts.
Like  Share
davidharleyson10
Quitter
Unread post  10 Sep 2018, 10:42 #7
my name is David age 49 started dipping at 7 years of age never missed a day of dipping for 42 years but the dip had gotten where i would get sick if i took it first thing in the morning like i always had in the past, my mouth always hurt toward the end and i was very afraid i had cancer, still have not been to doctor yet but i will.
The first 7 days was really bad couldn't think straight could not even get my words out right felt like i had been drugged, oh i never want to repeat that again i carried gum , toothpicks, tums , snacks and grinds with me everywhere i called it my quit pack day 8 and 9 was getting a little better but still foggy, 10 and 11 hasn't been bad just some weird dreams and cravings don't last long but i still have them. The best thing i did is get several digits that has helped a lot. My Harley still rides without the dip lol.

Day 15 now its getting so much better had a few cravings over the weekend but i used my digits and kept busy , cooked a lot of BBQ this weekend had to loosen my belt a couple of notches im always hungry now but that's OK needed to gain back a few pounds anyway.

Day 17 now and the cravings have been crazy yesterday and today thank god for my KTC support and the grinds everyone told me they came in waves no one said what kind of waves LOL.
Last edited by davidharleyson10 on 12 Sep 2018, 08:16, edited 1 time in total.
Commit to the quit commitment is following through with a decision long after the feeling in which you made the decision is gone!!
http://forum.killthecan.org/topic/30686051/

« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 10:59:46 AM by davidharleyson10 »