Author Topic: NvrAlones Introduction  (Read 69 times)

Offline Landdon

• Hall of Fame Conductor (Retired)
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: NvrAlones Introduction
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2018, 07:53:51 AM »
30 days?  That's awesome!  Keep going strong!  It's all mental at this point!

Offline Jeff1960

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: June 23, 2018
  • Likes Given: 34
Re: NvrAlones Introduction
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2018, 06:06:41 PM »
All sounds familiar.
Getting through airports especially going over sea where Copenhagen isn't sold.  Explaining to customs dude why I have 15+ cans... how awful that was.

Offline NvrAlone

• Just for Today
  • Quit Date: 5-31-18
  • Likes Given: 3
NvrAlones Introduction
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 10:03:48 AM »
My name is Chuck and I am an addict……
Last time I used “drugs” was 1-21-91. I have considered myself clean and drug free all this time. I would go to any lengths to get loaded. Lie, cheat, steal… Whatever!  Over the years it got to the point that I really didn’t even enjoy it any more. I was miserable. And yet I continued to do it for years and years. SOUND FAMILIAR???
So all the time that I was “getting clean” off drugs, I used nicotine like a friggin fiend. Either it was smoking or dipping or both. Over the years I had worked myself to a 1 to 1-1/2 cans of Skoal straight long cut a day. Dipped all day long while working and then was “mr. ninja” in the evenings when around the wife and family. Then waiting for them to go to bed so that I could sneak a few night dips before bed.
Just the madness of always hiding, planning, plotting, cleaning up after, did I flush the friggin toilet, Is there any shit between my teeth?.............. and the  list goes on and on. Worrying about going on vacation and bringing my shit in a suitcase or thru the airport screeners without the wife knowing. Always scheming…..Like a fiend.
There was/is absolutely no difference (for me) between the dope that I used to put in my body and the nicotine that I did the same with. None. They were both making me do things that I shouldn’t be doing. Things that I didn’t want to do. They were both making my life miserable and unmanageable. I tried some half assed attempts to quit nic that never amounted to anything… Not even a day
So I made a decision. I was sick and tired. I bought nic patches and stopped dipping for about 6 weeks. With a “friendly nudge” from a few of you guys, I was asked why not just rip the band-aid off???  I did and I have never felt better!!!  I now have a new clean date – 5-31-18.
As of today I am 30 days clean/quit, and I am blown away at how good it feels. To not be a slave to the can. I get a lot of cravings - but they go just as quick as they came. Every day I get to experience things without dip and it is fuckin awesome!!! Working without, hiking without, fishing without… 
A life without dip!!! Who woulda thunk? ONE DAY AT A TIME I WILL STAY QUIT. Thanks to all at KTC